The SND Foundation Silent Auction at SND Chicago on April 5 is our most significant fundraiser of the year. Sponsored by Hoefler & Co., every penny raised goes to support student travel grants to the workshop and the SND Foundation scholarship fund.
We’re hopeful we can count on the SND community, both in bidding on all this cool stuff and in sending in things that will help us raise money for the good work of the SND Foundation (info below on how to donate). We know SND members and partners always generously support these efforts for students.
We’re fortunate to already have several amazing things people will be able to bid on, including a signed Milton Glaser poster from SND’s 10th anniversary and a new poster for the Society’s 40th anniversary, which will be signed by its creator Chris Morris. This original poster will debut at the Chicago workshop.
Fonts by Hoefler & Co.
You will find the following fonts in a special 40th-anniversary publication we’ll be unveiling at SND Chicago. Thanks to Hoefler & Co., you can own them. After you have seen how well they work together, we’re expecting a bidding war on all three.
Other Great Stuff
Here’s a sneak peek at other things already in the lineup for the auction.
- A custom hed cut stipple drawing from The Wall Street Journal
- A full set of SND 40 commemorative pins
- The first edition of the SND design annual
- Two tickets to a Chicago Cubs game this summer
There’s Still Time to Donate*
If you’re doing the Marie Kondo thing, keep us in mind. Here’s what does well:
- Fabulous works of illustration, photography and crafts
- Newspaper historic pages and memorabilia
- Local flair (pull together a package of your favorites)
- Sports or collectible paraphernalia — especially signed work
- Micro-brewed beers from all over the world
- Gift certificates (services or nationally available businesses only, please)
- Travel packages. Have a timeshare? A weekend get-away nearby? Donate it!
- Consulting or creative service time, which has proven popular in past auctions
- Software or hardware of any kind
Send your items by April 1 to:
Loyola University Chicago
51 E. Pearson St.
c/o Jessica Brown, Office 218
Chicago, IL, 60611
We’re looking forward to the SND Foundation Silent Auction in Chicago: Check in when it gets closer for ways to bid in person at the [email protected] event and online if you can’t be at the workshop.
* Have questions? Please send an email to Matt Mansfield if you need help with your donation.
Make a Donation
Want to help but don’t have something to donate or simply don’t like waiting? You can make a donation to the SND Foundation right here instead. We’re grateful for all support in funding the future of visual communication.